Instructions Following Sinus Lift Surgery
1. Do not blow your nose.
2. If you must sneeze, do so with your mouth open to avoid unnecessary pressure in
3. Take your medications as directed.
4. Do not suck through a straw when drinking.
5. Do not lift or pull on the lip to look at surgical site. The incision may open which can lead to bleeding, infection, and delayed healing.
6. No rinsing or spitting for three days.
7. Do not apply pressure to the area with your tongue or fingers.
8. No smoking for at least three days. The incision may open which can lead to bleeding,
infection, and delayed healing.
9. Maintain a soft, high protein diet until you are comfortable enough to return to a
10. Sensitivity to cold on natural teeth may occur - avoid ice and cold drinks.
11. You may expect to find some small granules in your mouth for several days. This is normal and more material has been added in anticipation of this. Notify the office if a large amount of material is lost from the surgical site.
12. If a denture is worn over the surgical site, limit its use as much as possible.
13. Nose bleeds may occur. This is not uncommon with a sinus elevation procedure.
14. No strenuous activity for 3 days, no swimming for 7 days.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the office at:
780-413-0824, toll free 1-888-322-2161