Surgery Under Sedation
Sedation Dentistry Candidates Are People who have . . .
- High fear or Traumatic dental experiences
- Difficulty getting numb
- A bad gag reflex
- Very sensitive teeth
- Complex dental problems
- Limited time to complete dental care
- People who are apprehensive with needles
- Dislike the noises, smells and taste associated with dental care
- Are afraid or embarrassed about their teeth
IV Sedation is ideal for the anxious or apprehensive patient!!
Dental Service Group is pleased to inform you that our facility is registered with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Alberta for intravenous sedation. Anesthesia services offered on-site include conscious and deep sedation.
Benefits of intravenous sedation include:
- Calm, relaxed patient
- Amnesic effect of sedatives so that patient forgets surgical appointment
- Intravenous delivery of anti-inflammatory agents to decrease post-op swelling
- Intravenous delivery of antibiotic agents to decrease post-op likelihood of infection
- Access for the delivery of emergency drugs for the medically compromised patient